What are you using SAP for? Whether is be for Administration, Financial Management, Project Management, Sales, Purchasing, Service or Inventory & Distribution, there is something new for you.
Below are a few highlights from each module that will be relevant to your everyday SAP Business One use.
Extension of Field Lengths Features:
The following fields have been extended to 50 characters:
- Item No.
- BP Catalogue No.
- Resource No.
- Mnf. Catalogue No.
- User Code (extended to 25 characters)
Extension of Field Lengths Benefits:
- Greater flexibility to define various items of the same product distinguished by different attributes such as; size, colour, height & width.
- Supports greater range of naming conventions.
Electronic Documents Framework Features:
- Creation of documents in electronic format.
- Supported transactions: all A/R marketing documents
- Utilization of Electronic File Manager to define mapping and output format which can be adjusted according to requirements.
- Electronic Documents Monitor: a central place to see, review and operate the electronic documents created.
- Sample file formats are provided for a quick start in mapping
Electronic Documents Framework Benefits:
- Simple approach to generate XML output
- Generation of documents in electronic format for integration purposes
IFRS Enhancements Features:
- Activation of matching principle standards for correct revenue recognition.
- Chart of Accounts:
- Maximize number of CoA levels up to 10 levels.
- All levels can be used for posting.
- CoA Drawer Renaming:
- Reflected across the system, reports etc.
IFRS Enhancements Benefits:
- Enablement of matching principles allows correct revenue recognition in order to comply with standard accounting principles.
- Supports business case if sold goods are delivered at the end of a period and invoiced at the beginning of the next period.
- CoA enhancements provide greater flexibility to create CoA according to business needs.
Checks for Payment - Authorization Features:
- New authorizations added for better control over checks for payment.
- When creating check for payment manually, Create Journal Entry field is checked automatically - only authorized users can uncheck it.
Checks for Payment - Authorization Benefits:
- Avoid fraud in relation to misuse of outgoing checks.
- Greater control over user authorizations to create, print, update and design check layouts.
- Combines both financial and project management data in one solution.
- Centralize all project related transactions, documents, resources and activities in one place.
- Depending on the size and scope of a project, it can be split into different “Sub Projects” or “Phases” which may represent a functional area for example.
- Helps to monitor the progress of: Tasks, Stages & Phases.
- Manage projects more effectively from start to finish.
- Better project transparency by analyzing budget and costs and generating reports on aspects of the project, such as stage analysis, open issues and resources.
Sales | Purchasing | Service
Re-open Sales/Purchase Order Process Features:
- A Sales Order or Purchase Order can be reopened when you create Credit Memos for A/P or A/R Reserve Invoices drawn from corresponding orders.
Re-open Sales/Purchase Order Process Benefits:
- Users can decide whether to re-open the item quantity in the original document.
- Supports real business scenarios.
Extended Service Module Features:
- Support vendors in Service Module for:
- Service Calls
- Service Contracts
- Customer Equipment Cards
- New tab for Business Partner data in Service Call to capture most relevant BP information. This can be edited, but does not update BP Master Data.
Extended Service Module Benefits:
- All Business Partners can be captured for service call arrangements.
- Enables more efficient and simpler planning of Service Calls.
Inventory | Distribution
Prices Update Wizard Features:
- New Prices Update Wizard allows the user to:
- systematically update item prices in price lists,
- mass convert prices into different currencies.
- Price update can be restricted to apply only for selected items, price lists, currencies and UoMs
- Simulation mode allows you to preview changes.
Prices Update Wizard Benefits:
- Updating prices globally is made simple, more intuitive and much more efficient.
- Handle bulk price list updates easily.
Pick & Pack Features:
- Pick and Pack Selection Criteria:
- New selection criteria: type
- Include both items and resources
- Include only items
- Include only resources
- Define range for items & resources to be included.
Pick & Pack Benefits:
- Greater flexibility and control of picking items.
- One stop shop for handling production orders in a basic production environment.
If you would like to view more Features and Highlights please click here